Monday, May 28, 2012

Author Spotlight: Fay Klingler

We are excited to welcome a number of local authors who will be participating in the Race for Reading. Watch for their name tags and RUN WITH A WRITER! They will also be available to sign books & visit with you after the race. We will introduce them to you here, so you will be ready to meet them on June 9th!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author and illustrator Fay A. Klingler is an award-winning creative and technical writer. An often sought-after motivational speaker for women's groups and radio and television audiences, her expertise includes women’s issues, betrayal recovery, and successful grandparenting. Her previous publications include Shattered: Six Steps from Betrayal to Recovery; Daughter's of God, You Have What It Takes; The LDS Grandparents’ Idea Book; My Magnificent Mountain; The Complete Guide to Woman's Time; Our New Baby; and A Mother's Journal.

Fay’s most recent book is receiving five-star reviews—A Woman’s Power: Threads that Bind Us to God. As is evident from this publication, one of her loves is her Christian faith. However, she also thoroughly enjoys her speaking and writing, along with illustrating, sewing, gardening, hiking, and camping.

Together, Larry and Fay Klingler have twelve children and thirty-five grandchildren in their blended family. They reside in Draper, Utah.

Fay loves to hear from her readers. You can send her an e-mail at fay@klingler.com, or visit her website at www.fayklingler.com or her facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/FayKlingler.




On the wall of my office hangs framed embroidery I did when I was a young girl. It reads, “Greet the day with a song. Make others happy. Serve gladly.” Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? And as a young girl, I thought life would be like that—if I put on a smile, happily served others, and did my part, all would go well for me. Funny how complicated life can become. . . Often even with our best intentions and work our personal life’s movie doesn’t seem to play out as expected. Thank goodness we always have an ally, a supporter—our Heavenly Father.

One of my favorite quotes in my newest book, A Woman’s Power: Threads that Bind Us to God, comes from my earthly father. He said, “It doesn’t matter what happens to you. What matters is how you react to what happens to you.”

Even though life for me has not been as easy as that framed embroidery saying might imply, between my mom and dad’s sound teachings and my Heavenly Father’s support I’ve been really blessed. I have a saintly husband and a wonderful family. Life is good! And I’m excited to have the opportunity to contribute what I’ve learned to my readers by giving to the Saratoga Springs literacy cause.

I’m going to enjoy walking/running with you in the Saratoga Springs Race for Reading. I hope you’ll say hello and encourage me along as you pass me on the trail!

Fay Klingler


Fay is donating Shattered: Six Steps from Betrayal to Recovery to the Saratoga Springs Library and A Woman’s Power: Threads that Bind Us to God as a prize for the drawing. Thank you, Fay!

No comments:

Post a Comment